Hi. I’m Dr. Janelle Louis, ND, mental health advocate and naturopathic doctor who specializes in mental health and chronic disease. As an integrative doctor, I use functional medicine to help people battling depression, anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder, bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, compulsive eating, and other mental health conditions to take control of their health so they can live again. But before I was a doctor, I was and still am a person who has been affected by mental health conditions for the majority of my life.
Here’s a little about me: I’m a wife to a wonderful husband and a mother to a wonderful son. As a mother, I’m passionate about raising self-sufficient, emotionally-intelligent children, so I share what I learn about setting the stage for your child’s mental wellness from pre-conception onwards on the blog as well. Like I said, I’ve been surrounded by mental health conditions for the majority of my life. My mother struggled with anxiety and panic attacks for a very long time and I’ve battled social anxiety from a very young age.
My passion is to educate and empower you and others like you to regain and spread mental wellness. I do this in-person at my practice in Kansas, USA and online through the MHA Spot website and blog and through our brand new online community. But I don’t do that in the same way that most people do it. I try to create a different experience for you in the following ways:
- I’ll only share the facts. I’m only going to teach you things that have been proven by science to be true or that I’ve seen in my personal or professional experience to be helpful.
- I’ll help you be your own mental health advocate. I’m going to teach you about the mental health conditions that are relevant to you in a way that you can understand. I’ll tell you things like what you need to ask your doctor when newly diagnosed or when you’re about to be prescribed medication and what to do if your medication doesn’t help your concerns or, even worse, if it seems to make them worse.
- I’ll help you empower your body to return to a state of wellbeing. I’ll help you use food, lifestyle changes, and supplements like vitamins and herbs to put your body and mind in a better position to return to a state of wellness. I’ll teach you about the holistic approach and self-help methods I take with my patients. I’ll teach you how to limit or avoid side effects from medication. I’ll tell you what works and what doesn’t.
- I’ll listen to you and support you. If you join my email list and my brand new free online community or connect with me on Facebook, you’ll notice that from time to time I ask about the questions you have and create helpful resources (free live trainings, workshops, worksheets, workbooks, e-books, and more) answering your questions and providing you with additional valuable information.
- I’ll keep you updated. As new research surfaces, as I attend professional development courses/seminars and learn more, I’ll pass that knowledge on to you. I’ll incorporate it into my resources so that you’re constantly updated regarding changing science.
There you have it. That’s what the Mental Health Advocate (MHA) Spot website and community are all about. If that sounds like something you need to be a part of, click one of the buttons below to get started.
We’ll chat soon,
Browse our collection of blog posts to find valuable information about many mental health conditions and ways to address them.
Check out our free resources specific to your mental health needs and learn what you can do to help improve your mental wellbeing.
Share ideas, build connections, find support, gain strength from and learn together with our growing online community.